- This event has passed.
8th Annual LEGO Competition
04/13/2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
FIA Isabel Hall
Free and Open to the Public.
The Art School’s 8th Annual Lego Competition celebrates and encourages creative play. From 1:00p–2:45p, children in grades K-12 may submit original Lego sculptures for display in Isabel Hall. All works will be juried, culminating with the presentation of awards at 4:00p. Awards will be presented for excellence in the following categories: Most Creative, Most Technically Challenging, and Best in Show. Awards include Art School scholarships, gift cards, LEGO kits, and FIA Memberships. Selected works will be on exhibition in the Art School for the following week.
Activities include guided LEGO building sessions in the Art School studios led by the Michigan Therapeutic Lego Users Group, open LEGO building in the Art School, and a screening of “The Lego Ninjago Movie” in the FIA Theater.
FIA Art School Accolades will be awarded in four (4) categories
• Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12
Memberships and Scholarships will be awarded to
• Most Creative, Most Technically Challenging, People’s Choice
• Entries must be an original creation designed and completed by the participant.
• Participants must use their own LEGO or “Lego-type” brick.
• Direct copies of LEGO designs or “out-of-the-box” kits, copies from the internet, or printed publications are not eligible for entry.
• Work submitted must be on a foundation no larger than 12 in x 12 in and no more than 18 inches in height.
• One entry per person.
– Works must be submitted between 1:00p–2:45p in the FIA Art School, Saturday, April 13, 2019.
– Jurors will review works from 3:00–4:00, followed by an award’s ceremony at 4:00p.
– Entries must be taken home following the award’s ceremony.
– Awarded designs may be exhibited in the Art School.
*LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group companies and does not authorize, endorse, nor sponsor this event.